Am 02.12.2014 um 14:16 schrieb Mark Martinec:
Matteo Dessalvi wrote:
I have a short question about the dns_server option of SA.
Is this option used when SA is called from Amavis and there
isn't any spamd process running?

Yes it is.

To be more clear: should I also be forced to add the IP
address of the caching DNS server to /etc/resolv.conf
or the option would be sufficient?

The dns_server only affects SpamAssassin. If you want other
applications on that host to also use the same recursive
name server, its address needs to be in /etc/resolv.conf.
For example DKIM validation is done by amavisd calling
Net::DNS directly, which has no idea about SpamAssassin
settings. Similarly a milter or MTA

i would recommend setup unbound on 127.0.0.1, let do it recursion directly and configure internal zones as forwarders which can also including a forwarding to a rbldnsd running on 127.0.0.1 using a different port

so /etc/resolv.conf just contains 127.0.0.1

see below how that could look like

* one source for all services
* local caching
* no problems with DNS blacklists by doing recursion
  instead share a forwarder exceeding limits

minimal-responses: yes
interface: 127.0.0.1
access-control: 127.0.0.0/8 allow

local-zone: "192.in-addr.arpa." nodefault

forward-zone:
 name: "dnsbl.thelounge.net"
 forward-addr: 127.0.0.1@1053

forward-zone: