Hi all.

I am using a centralized Redis instance to
host the bayesian data for a bunch of MTAs.

AFAICS the SA filter is working quite well
and the BAYES_* rules are triggered correctly,
no false positive so far.

But I am concerned about the expiration of the
bayesian data. sa-learn reports the following:

0.000          0          3          0  non-token data: bayes db version
0.000          0       8437          0  non-token data: nspam
0.000          0     495000          0  non-token data: nham

As stated here:

search.cpan.org/dist/Mail-SpamAssassin/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/Redis.pm

"Expiry is done internally in Redis using *_ttl settings (...)
This is why --force-expire etc does nothing, and token counts
and atime values are shown as zero in statistics."

So, why the nham tokens have grown so much? It looks
like it was never 'pruned'.

I am using the following configuration for the expiration:

bayes_token_ttl 21d
bayes_seen_ttl   8d
bayes_auto_expire 1

I have also left bayes_expiry_max_db_size undefined.

My other concern is about the proportion between spam
and ham tokens. Should I be worried about it?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
   Matteo