Am 14.05.2015 um 00:59 schrieb Kris Deugau:
As far as running something other than Bind, I'd run it for many years
on my old Mandriva box before it crashed. Once I got it up and running
(with some help from the Bind users list) I never had one single
problem.

*nod*  I continue to use it on my own server and as a LAN cache because
I'm familiar with it and its minor warts don't cause issue.  (And one
arguable misfeature makes certain parts of managing my own LAN DNS a
little simpler.)  About all switching would do is give you minor
headaches learning the new configuration, and probably fresh new
confusing log entries

well, we operate some hundret doomains using BIND as nameservers, but that don't make it the best caching-only resolver while unbound's "cache-min-ttl" helps to reduce the outgoing dns queries to spamhaus by ignore the very low TTL and the config is just simple, evem a tuned one like below

server:
 verbosity: 1
 statistics-interval: 86400
 statistics-cumulative: no