That's not how the search is used in the resolv.conf.  It's used when the query
contains no dots like a short name.  If someone queried for "test" with that
resolv.conf, it would try "test.PK5001Z" which isn't a valid zone.
That doesn't mean a query of "example.com" would become
"example.com.PK5001Z" like you said above.
You are correct about it being a broken query and it should be removed
but that isn't causing "connection refused" errors.
You should be pointing to a reliable DNS resolver, like 127.0.0.1 in this case.
Then it should either be doing direct lookups or forwarding to a known reliable
DNS resolver that is not forwarding to an ISP DNS server like 8.8.8.8.
Unbound is a good suggestion.  Even dnsmasq would be easy to setup (just
disable the DHCP server).
"Connection refused" errors are specific UDP responses from upstream DNS
servers that are being denied due to rate limiting, bad query packets, or
something
that simply ticked off that upstream DNS server.  I would point to a different
DNS server or disable forwarding on the local DNS cache and do my own recursive
lookups and the "connection refused" messages should go away.