I can't speak about the specifics of this particular change, but
anything that makes it harder to trivially forward a message,

Whilst I obviously can't argue with you in the context of making it easy to report spam, there are a couple of things to point out.

First, Jo said "have removed all functionality", that is technically and factually incorrect, which is why I posted the message I did. Other methods remain available and all that needs to be done is for Jo to update the instructions to users.

Second, I'm becoming less and less of a buyer on the whole "report it to the ISP" malarky. Its starting to become a bit of a 1990's way of doing it. I increasingly find myself wondering whether ISPs actually bother to read abuse mails or whether they get filtered straight to /dev/null.

Case in point on number two, for some months now I have been receving Spam originating from a Verizon customer. The Verizon customer appears to be some sort of marketing company that has a range on the Verizon network.

Every...single...time... I report the spam, full headers & all. Have they done anything about it ? No. Has the volume of spam reduced ? No.

I ended up blocking that IP in a custom RBL that I feed into SpamAssassin.

Sure, I guess for tweaking your internal SpamAssassin implementation, headers could be useful. But for external reporting, I think they've had their day.