I agree with you and Reindl on this point too.  I guess what I meant to
say is usually the hardest spam to block with a null sender is backscatter
from a normally trusted/good reputation mail server.
RBLs and SA with a well-trained Bayes DB do a very good job on new
emails with a null sender.

>What *is* a very reliable spam indicator (and is a SpamAssassin rule
>DSN_NO_MIMEVERSION) is mail from a null sender that lacks a
>header; a fair bit of null-sender spam does not.

Good info.  I checked my MailScanner logs and there are a lot of hits
on this rule along with an invalid watermark so they seem to be closely
related.  I do see a number of Yahoo.com legit DSNs that seem to be
hitting this rule (not surprised) but have a valid MS watermark.

Dave