On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 14:46:18 -0500
j...@lexoncom.com wrote:

> Further testing shows that both smazon and my public ips are blocked.
> I never used my public ip for dns so why is it blocked?
> Is it just my bad luck and the ip is just blocked on URBL?

The rdns for these two addresses is

ec2-54-189-149-10.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com.
ec2-54-244-239-249.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com.

From

http://uribl.com/datafeed_faq.shtml

 Why are DNS queries from my cloud instances
(AmazonEC2/Softlayer/Rackspace/etc) blocked?

   Large subnets owned by Amazon and other cloud providers have been
   blocked due to high volume. Because amazon has so many networks, a
   single user may have multiple mail exchanges on multiple networks,
   and we have no ability to correlate this and block individual high
   volume users. We are looking at ways of improving our query limit
   system for those coming from large virtual hosting providers such as
   Amazon, but at this time we do not have anything in place. We do
   offer discounted Datafeed over DNS rates for low-volume, cloud
   hosted users who are effected by these wide ranging blocks. See
   Requesting the Datafeed Service and choose 'Cloud Hosted' on the
   request form.