I'm using Spamassassin 3.4.0 on Debian Jessie and trying to set up AWL
stored in SQL on a per-user basis. My setup is as follows:

1) Spamassassin is run as 'spamd' on behalf of user root, the options
string is as follows:

OPTIONS="-D --create-prefs -x -q -Q --max-children 5 --helper-home-dir -i
<MY_IP> --allow-tell --allowed-ips=<MY_REMOTE_IPS>"

2) Spamd is called by spamc (evoked by Exim) over TCP from one of the
MY_REMOTE_IPS host as follows:

  /usr/bin/spamc -F /etc/spamc/spamc.conf -u $local_part@$domain

3) The contents of /etc/spamc/spamc.conf is as follows:

=== spamc.conf ===

# Hosts to connect to
-d <MY_IP>
-t 150
-n 150
--headers

================

Lets say, I'm sending a message from a...@aaa.aaa to f...@fff.fff.

The problem I'm facing with is that when AWL table is filled in, the
'username' field is updated with 'nobody' string while I would expect it to
become 'f...@fff.fff'. At the same time, 'email' field is updated with
'a...@aaa.aaa', exactly as I expected it to.

I know about the option 'user_awl_sql_override_username' but not sure if I
can set it to some variable that contains the username that was passed by
Exim? Otherwise I found this message:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/spamassassin/users/105838?search_string=AWL%20username%20nobody;#105838.
According to it, I can't have per-user AWL in my setup.

So, is it possible to create a per-user AWL in a global database? Any hint
would be much appreciated!

B.R.
Boris