Good day!

Thanks for your reply.

No, spamd is running as user "root", so I don't have the "-u" key anywhere
in the smapd configs. I'm sorry for not making this clear enough.

What I meant to say is that when I send or receive a message through my
Exim (on the remote host) it passes the message to the spamd by calling a
locally installed (i.e. installed on the same host where Exim is) spamc
binary with the following command: "spamc -F /etc/spamc/spamc.conf -u
$local_part@$domain". Unfortunately, I am still unable to get this setup
working properly with AWL, as username in the AWL table is set to "nobody".

Looking forward to your reply,
Boris