On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 15:07:36 +0300
????? ???????? wrote:

> No, spamd is running as user "root", so I don't have the "-u" key
> anywhere in the smapd configs. I'm sorry for not making this clear
> enough.
>
> What I meant to say is that when I send or receive a message through
> my Exim (on the remote host) it passes the message to the spamd by
> calling a locally installed (i.e. installed on the same host where
> Exim is) spamc binary with the following command: "spamc
> -F /etc/spamc/spamc.conf -u $local_part@$domain". Unfortunately, I am
> still unable to get this setup working properly with AWL, as username
> in the AWL table is set to "nobody".

Running spamd without -u is intended to support unix account users. In
this case the spamd child process drops its privileges from root to the
user running spamc or the user specified by spamc -u. This allows spamd
to access home directories without running as root. Probably what's
happening is that as $local_part@$domain isn't a unix user, spamd is
overriding it with the unix user "nobody" to avoid scanning an email as
root.

You should be running spamd with "-u spamd" which causes spamd to drop
its privileges to the unprivileged user spamd after it has bound to
the default port (it's usually called spamd, but your spamassassin
package may have created some other user for this purpose). When you do
this, the user in spamc -u can be treated as a virtual user.