On 12/02/16 21:40, Kris Deugau wrote:
Sebastian Arcus wrote:
On 12/02/16 20:31, Antony Stone wrote:
On Friday 12 February 2016 at 17:29:23, Sebastian Arcus wrote:

As per advice from this list, I have been re-using my bayes databases on
several different servers running SA. On one of the servers though, the
database is not accepted.
Are the servers all the same distro, release and version?

Are they all up to date (or at least, all equally up to date as each
other)?
No - there are definitely variations in kernel versions and other
software versions. So far I have only made sure the SA version is the
same. Any possible culprit comes to mind in terms of a certain library
or software that might cause this?
Standard on-disk Bayes files are (mostly) BerkeleyDB, but there are a
couple of other possible back ends that could be in use depending on OS
release and update level.  If you have OS variations you may have
different BDB versions (or even a completely different type of hash
database file;  look up AnyDBM_File), and you won't be able to share
your Bayes by copying files around.

Try running "file /path/to/bayes/files/*" on your source and problem
machines (the latter with locally-created Bayes files that don't show
the access problem) and see what comes up.

If updating the problem machine (or updating all the rest of them, if
the problem machine is "newer") is a problem for any reason, you might
try sa-learn --dump to "back up" Bayes on your source machine, then
sa-learn --restore to reload the data on another machine.

In general though, if you're operating at a scale where one server isn't
enough to handle your SA load, you may want to start thinking about SQL
for Bayes, which can be shared much more easily than pushing file-based
Bayes data around.
Probably a good suggestion, but the only reason several servers are involved is because they belong to different clients and are on different sites - the load is not a factor. But thank you for suggesting it.