On 13/02/16 04:32, Bill Cole wrote:
On 12 Feb 2016, at 17:34, Sebastian Arcus wrote:

Thanks for that suggestion. I think we might be getting somewhere. On original machine:

#file bayes_seen
bayes_seen: Berkeley DB (Hash, version 9, native byte-order)

# file bayes_toks
bayes_toks: Berkeley DB (Hash, version 9, native byte-order)

On the receiver machine, but with bayes files created locally:

#file bayes_seen
bayes_seen: Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)

# file bayes_toks
bayes_toks: Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)

Could the hash version account for the errors I am seeing?

Absolutely. The BDB hash storage version number only changes when a change is NOT backwards-compatible, i.e. *BY DESIGN* a library version that creates v8 files cannot read v9 files. If my recollection is correct, the v8->9 change was in BDB 4.6 and actually provided substantial performance improvements. You probably want to upgrade BDB and anything using it on the machine with the old version.

Thank you. The donor machine has db42, db44 and db44 packages installed, while the recipient machine only db42 and db44. Would it be enough to install db48 on the recipient machine, or are there also any glue/library Perl modules involved which SA uses for db access and would need to be updated as well?