On 24/05/2016 18:11, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 24.05.2016 um 18:49 schrieb Nick Howitt:
Hi,
I'm using SpamAssassin v3.3.1-3 on ClearOS 6.7 (a CentOS derivative) and
I believe it is invoked by amavis-new. I have a whitelist line in local.cf:

    whitelist_from *@avivaemail.co.uk @m.avivaemail.co.uk *@tomtom.com
    *@dpd.co.uk *@clearos.com *@peacocks-mail.com

most of them has SPF, others maybe DKIM or both
peacocks-mail.com has DKIM and clearos.com nothing. Having DKIM can't mean it bypasses SpamAssassin as the reason I had to add it to the whitelist is because SpamAssassin was marking it as spam - unless I have misunderstood.

so don't use "whitelist_from" which opens the door for forging senders and completly bypass your filter for no good reason

just use "whitelist_auth" instead
Unfortunately the whitelist_from is set from the ClearOS GUI. I can raise a bug with ClearOS suggesting they change to whitelist_auth which I read about a few days ago when trying to research this.

In e-mail headers from clearos.com I get the following:

dunno about your issue, maybe amavisd is part of it
Anyone?
URIBL_BLOCKED - you really really should fix that

it harms your results masive since you mostly get nor responses from DNSBL, DNSL and also builtin DNSWL which are in palce to reduce false positives

http://uribl.com/refused.shtml
Thanks for the link. I use OpenDNS and it looks like it is being blocked. My mailserver is my gateway and only runs dnsmasq rather than bind and I am only a home user, so, from your link, I fall under the low volume user section. Is there anyting reasonable I can do?

*never* use a forwarind/ISP nameserver for a inbound MX
If I understand you, I don't. I have my own domain and my mx record points to my dyndns FQDN

This looks OK with the X-Spam entries.

From peacocks-mail.com I get:

In this case there are no X-Spam entries, as if whitelisting completely
bypasses spamassassin but both go through amavisd-new. Can you help me
understand what is happening?