On 24/05/2016 19:11, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 24.05.2016 um 20:05 schrieb Nick Howitt:
http://uribl.com/refused.shtml
Thanks for the link. I use OpenDNS and it looks like it is being
blocked. My mailserver is my gateway and only runs dnsmasq rather than
bind and I am only a home user, so, from your link, I fall under the low
volume user section. Is there anyting reasonable I can do?

when you dnsmasq forwards queries to any other dns server instead doing recursion itself the server you ask is contacting the rbl and *any other* user using the same dns-server raises the count

the RBL server *never* will see your IP and can't distinct between you and other users

*never* use a forwarind/ISP nameserver for a inbound MX
If I understand you, I don't. I have my own domain and my mx record
points to my dyndns FQDN

if you dnsmasq forward to OpenDNS you do

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles-tutorials/netgeneral/Understanding-DNS-Recursion.html

Ok, but how does it help me? From what I've read it seems dnsmasq can only do recursion. If I keep dnsmasq then I would need to point it to another iterative DNS resolver running on my box such as PowerDNS or BIND rather than to OpenDNS or have I misunderstood? Is there something simple I can do with dnamasq or OpenDNS?

Nick