Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> writes:

> forget the big ones - just filter them out and look at the small ones
> where PTR/Sender is from the same domain, connect it to your destination
> domains which are easily to find out and voila you have
> comapny-to-company relations by looking at the business
>
> a nice start for targeted phishings in the wrong hands

I think I understand what you mean: group the IP by type of business
(through a PRT or a whois), find a valid username in both places and
send some phising. This is mde even mor ecomplicated by the fact there
is no message count, only a list of IP, so you can only guess how many
messages may have been received from a given source (if I omit the IP of
my own domain) what I can see s a large number of IT mailing lists and
some .jp (probably spam though); it's not easy to make a business model
from that.

While possible, it seems a very complicated scenario for a very small
amount of data (how many people will send some log?). It's faster to
Google all the universities of Thailand, find valid usernames and send
the phisihing: more data, easier to reproduce/scale up/port to other
domains of activity.

Olivier