> On Jul 6, 2016, at 8:50 PM, Bill Cole
> <sausers-20150...@billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:
>
> On 6 Jul 2016, at 21:13, Lorenzo Thurman wrote:
>
>> I’ve been receiving some spam where spamassassin identifies the sender with
>> USER_IN_WHITELIST. These senders (or domains) are most definitely not in my
>> whitelist. How can I get around this problem?
>
> There are so many relevant variables unspecified that no one here has any
> hope of solving your problem.
>
> To make it easier for us, please provide more information:
>
> 1. How are you using SpamAssassin? Specifically, if you have it hooked into
> an MTA like Postfix or Sendmail, tell us which one AND what mechanism you are
> using to integrate SA and the MTA.
>
> 2. If your system involved the use of spamd, what are its arguments and what
> user is it running as?
>
> 3. If you scan a message with this problem manually by piping it into
> 'spamassassin -t -D' what does the resulting flood of debugging information
> say about what address it is finding as being in the whitelist?

Ah, ok. Here’s some info:
spamassassin v3.4.0 - Postfix 2.11.0  Ubuntu 14.04
/usr/sbin/spamd --create-prefs --max-children 5 --helper-home-dir -d
--pidfile=/var/run/spamd.pid

In /etc/postfix/master.cf
smtp      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd -vvv -o
content_filter=spamassassin
spamassassin unix -     n       n       -       -       pipe flags=Rq
user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/spamfilter.sh -oi -f ${sender} ${recipient}

The output from spamassassin -t -D < In-whitelist.txt gives the answer, I
believe:

address hefg...@hkjhkjhk.onmicrosoft.com matches whitelist or blacklist regexp:
^.*microsoft\.com$

Very sneaky. I think I can handle this one from here.
Thanks again.