Lorenzo Thurman wrote on 8/07/16 9:26 AM:
> Thanks for the info. Does anyone know how I can use whitelistfrom_rcvd? I
> can't find any clear answers via Google.

Excuse my typo for the correct spelling whitelist_from_rcvd.

To use it, look at the legitimate emails that you want to whitelist and check
the Received header that shows where your receiving mail server received the
email from the sending mail server. Typically for a corporate address like
microsoft.com the mail will have come from a host with a name like
smtp.microsoft.com or maila.microsoft.com. If the Received header does show
that the mail came from some ip address and also shows a host name for it in
the microsoft.com (for example) then you can use whitelist_from_recvd to
whitelist such mails. You can only put one address on a line, so you would
need two entries to get the two that you want:

whitelist_from_rcvd *@microsoft.com microsoft.com
whitelist_from_rcvd *.microsoft.com microsoft.com

But do check your emails to see if you get the proper Received headers to be
able to do this. Some mail servers do not do the reverse domain name lookup to
add the host name to the ip address in Received headers. Some email addresses
you may want to whitelist are not set up to reliably send from the same few
mail servers.

If somebody sends mail from a non-Microsoft mail server but with a
microsoft.com From address, it will not get whitelisted by this. That's
exactly what you want to not whitelist spammers who forge a microsoft.com
address.

 Sidney