On Tue, 9 Aug 2016, Anthony Hoppe wrote:

Someone out there has decided to spoof our domain and send us spam. My first thought was that SPF checks were not working, but in analyzing the headers of a message one of our users received SPF_FAIL is triggering, but the weight is very low. My first thought is to increase the weight of SPF_FAIL, but I'm not sure what unintended consequences this may create?

If increasing the weight of SPF_FAIL is not a good course of action, what do the mighty members of this list suggest?

I only have one MX, and it rejects up front any HELO on the internet side that claims to be from my domain. Legit mail from my domain will only ever come from the private side.

You could score a meta of SPF_FAIL + return-path in your domain as a poison pill, but as others have said, these shouldn't make it all the way to SA.

 What nuts do with guns is terrible, certainly. But what
 evil or crazy people do with *anything* is not a valid argument
 for banning that item.           -- John C. Randolph <j...@idiom.com>
 6 days until the 71st anniversary of the end of World War II