Hi all,

  I have a some genuine emails getting marked with NO_DNS_FOR_FROM from
one particular domain and I'd like to know exactly why. I've had a dig
in the Spamassasin Dns.pm but I can't work out exactly what
process_dnsbl_result is doing. What exactly does it check WRT MX and A
records?

I can see that the domain in question does have A and MX records,
possibly issues are that the A record doesn't match the PTR for the IP
returned by the A record and that one of the MX records doesn't have a
PTR. I'd be keen to know if one or both of these are the issue, and what
the situation WRT RFCs on email DNS says about what are required for
proper operation of email.

I've already had to ask the owners of the domain to correct an issue
where their sending server's A record didn't match the PTR and was
triggering the RDNS_NONE rule (as detected by Exim), so if I'm going to
convince them to do more modifications I'd prefer to know what I was
talking about,

thanks, Andy.