On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 18:15:50 -0400
Dianne Skoll wrote:

 If you make a rule that you *know* will be effective for a
> pretty limited timespan, setting the expiry at the time of creation
> seems more efficient to me than having to remember to go back and
> expire it.

If you want it to work that way it can be done in an external script
in about 10 lines.

If you want a rule, or rules, to expire on a specific day put it in a
file that starts with "YYMMDD-" in a separate directory. The script just
needs to deal with the expired files, warn about any badly named files
and generate a file containing a list of include lines.