On 09/26/2017 04:03 AM, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
On 21/09/17 11:13, Zulma Pape wrote:
It means that your ip is greylisted in their end. There are many solutions to fix this issue, but the easiest and cheapest one is the get a new ip, and refill the form and see their feedback about it. If it qualifies for mitigation then you'll start friendly with them, then they'll build a new reputation on your historic. If not, you can get a new ip and do the same steps until you get a friendly IP.
Thank you for the suggestions. I'm afraid we can't just keep on changing IP addresses, as there is other infrastructure tied to this IP address (vpn, external laptops etc.) - so it would involve quite a bit of reconfiguration. Also, I doubt that it would do much good, as we've had this IP address for 5 years - so it is clean. There is the possibility that Hotmail doesn't like our IP address because it is a consumer/ADSL/end-user IP - although I've removed it from the Spamhaus PBL database. I guess Hotmail must be using an internal database. In this case changing to another end-user IP wouldn't do much good.

Another solution is, since your volume is very low at the moment, it should be quite easy for you to ask from your list to add your Sender to their contact list. This will prevent your emails from going to junk folder, and at the same time this will increase the reputation of your IP.

I will ask a number of contacts to mark our emails as safe - who knows, maybe it will help. Thank you.

You shouldn't have to ask recipient mail server admins to whitelist anything if everything is setup correctly. Did you send test emails to the https://www.mail-tester.com/ site and get a high score? Your FCrDNS looks correct, SPF is good and passing, IP 195.166.150.162 is not on any major RBLs. Senderscore.org doesn't have a score yet due to insufficient email seen from it.

Sign up for https://www.dnswl.org/selfservice/ and get your IP address listed with them. This could only help.

From my experience, you don't have to accept mail on postmaster or abuse to be a trusted sender. Since IPs can't be spoofed in an SMTP (TCP 25) session, your ISP based on ASN information needs to accept mail on postmaster or abuse. It looks like your ISP of PlusNet does have a good ab...@plus.net contact setup so that should be fine.

--
David Jones