On Jun 15, 2010, at 12:33 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

On Jun 15, 2010, at 11:26, Brown, Michael wrote:

I'm sorta jumping in the middle of this, but doesn't anyone have a working copy of the repository checked out, especially the area in question? Obviously no one should have the whole trunk checked out, as people work with pieces of a repository, specifically a branch, for example (like we do). If someone does have the area in question checked out, you'd have a copy of the log in which to use to repair the repository.
Am I off-base?

Working copies do not contain logs; "svn log" always connects to the repository.

Actually, for what it's worth in the current context, SVN has supported local log cacheing for a while. I don't recall which version introduced this feature, maybe 1.5 or 1.6.

/eiren