On Jun 15, 2010, at 11:36, Eiren Smith wrote:

>> Working copies do not contain logs; "svn log" always connects to the
>> repository.
>
> Actually, for what it's worth in the current context, SVN has supported local
> log cacheing for a while. I don't recall which version introduced this
> feature, maybe 1.5 or 1.6.

This was new to me. I found a reference to such a feature being added to
TortoiseSVN in version 1.5:

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/tsvn_1.5_releasenotes.html#log-cache

But I can't find any mention of this existing in Subversion proper. Do you have
other information?

Are your users using TortoiseSVN?

Even if they are, my understanding of this feature is that it caches the
properties of each revision (like log message, author, date & time). Not sure
if it caches the list of files affected by each revision too. But it certainly
won't cache the actual changes made to the files in those revisions; the only
file contents you have available is the version currently in each working copy.