On Oct 16, 2010, at 09:01, Nelson Cabral wrote:

> Nope. Find doesn't return files with such names.
>
> When ipkg says that apr-util-1.3.9-1 is installed. Does the '-1' at
> the end means something ?
>
> I'm currently downloading required sources supposing 1.3.9-1 means 1.3.9.

"apr-util-1.3.9-1" presumably means this is the first revision of apr-util
1.3.9 packaged in ipkg. I do not know whether ipkg convention is to start
revision numbers with 0 or 1.

Note that before we were talking about apr, and now you're talking about
apr-util. These are related, but separate pieces of software.

I would be nervous about trying to install software on top of or next to
software installed by a package manager. I would want to let the package
manager do it instead to ensure I didn't overwrite something.

I realize you ran "find" and it didn't find an apr-devel, but I do not know how
ipkg works, and do not know for certain that the list of available packages
would be represented as individual files on your drive. (It might be stored in
a single file as an index, or on a server.) You should learn how to use ipkg to
search for packages, and see if a package for apr-devel or mod_dav_svn exists.