On 7/26/11 5:14 PM, Andy Canfield wrote:

I shy away from svnsync right now because it requires me to get TWO of these
Subversion systems running. At present I am almost able to get one running.
Almost.

You don't need a 2nd server. Svnsync is a client to both repos, but the side it is writing can use file:/// access to avoid the need to have another server.

Suppose we do a backup every night at midnight, copying it to a safe place. And
suppose that the server dies at 8PM Tuesday evening. Then all submits that
occurred on Tuesday have been lost. Presumably we'd find out about this on
Wednesday.

But a working copy is a valid working copy until you delete it. Assuming that
the working copies still exist, all we need to do is
* Restore the working SVNParent repository collection on a replacement computer.
* Have everyone 'svn commit' from their working copies.
* Unscramble the merge problems, which should be few.

But you can't do this if the WC was updated past the rev of your restored repo. Or if you have a different uuid.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikes...@gmail.com