I added this to avoid a 404 error for https://myserver/repos/

The /srv/svn/html folder is completely empty.

C.

On 22/10/2013 15:00, Cooke, Mark wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Rodgers [mailto:christopher.rodg...@cardiov.ox.ac.uk]
Sent: 22 October 2013 11:15

Dear All,

I have just upgraded from Apache HTTPD 2.2 --> 2.4. My svn repository
seems to work fine over https but I get these repeated warnings:

[:warn] [pid 15721] mod_dav_svn: nested Location
'/repos/thereponame'
hinders access to '' in SVNPath Location '/repos/thereponame'
My httpd.conf file contains this:

<IfModule mod_dav_svn.c>

##
## project related HTML files
##
<IfModule mod_alias.c>
Alias /repos    /srv/svn/html
</IfModule>
<Directory /srv/svn/html>
         Options         +Indexes +Multiviews -FollowSymLinks
         IndexOptions    FancyIndexing \
                         ScanHTMLTitles \
                         NameWidth=* \
                         DescriptionWidth=* \
                         SuppressLastModified \
                         SuppressSize

         order allow,deny
         allow from all
</Directory>

<Location /repos/thereponame>
    DAV svn
    SVNPath /srv/svn/repos/thereponame
    SVNIndexXSLT "/repos-web/view/repos-thereponame.xsl"

    # Include per-directory access control policy
    AuthzSVNAccessFile /srv/svn/user_access/thereponame_authz

    # Limit write permission to list of valid users.
#   <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
       # Require SSL connection for password protection.
       SSLRequireSSL

       AuthType Basic
       AuthName "Authorization Realm"
       AuthUserFile /srv/svn/user_access/thereponame_passwd
       Require valid-user
#   </LimitExcept>
</Location>

</IfModule>
What have I done wrong?
What are you trying to achieve with your `/repos` alias?  Are you trying to
server mulitple repos from that root but apply special handling to a specific
path?  The location directive serves one specific repo without the need for the
alias, I would guess you could just remove that (but I might be wrong!)

~ mark c

Thanks,

Chris.