Dear Mark and Ryan,

Thank you for your comments.

I am trying to serve a number of repositories from one server via https with different IP range restrictions applied to each. I do not want to show the names of the repositories to clients requesting https://server/repos/ .

I am getting warnings like this in my logs and wanted to know if they matter.

[Thu Oct 24 09:52:58.087560 2013] [:warn] [pid 23502] mod_dav_svn: nested Location '/repos/thereponame' hinders access to '' in SVNPath Location '/repos/thereponame'

In light of your helpful suggestions, I have removed all mentions of "/repos" from the httpd config. I now have a set of blocks like this, one per repository:

<IfModule mod_dav_svn.c>

<Location /repos/thereponame>
   DAV svn
   SVNPath /srv/svn/repos/thereponame
   SVNIndexXSLT "/repos-web/view/repos-thereponame.xsl"

   # Include per-directory access control policy
   AuthzSVNAccessFile /srv/svn/user_access/thereponame_authz

      # Require SSL connection for password protection.
      SSLRequireSSL

      AuthType Basic
      AuthName "Authorization Realm"
      AuthUserFile /srv/svn/user_access/thereponame_passwd
      Require valid-user
</Location>

</IfModule>

And I still get the warnings!

Is there something wrong with my config or should I simply ignore the warnings...?

Best wishes,

Chris