Can someone please explain this to me?  I would expect "bin" and "obj" not to
show up in the "svn status" command, because of the svn:global-ignores property.

I am aware that there exists such a thing as svn:ignore, and I notice that
svn:global-ignores is not the same thing...  But (a) the distinction is not
entirely clear to me, (b) the obvious distinction is global versus not global,
in which case, I would expect the global property to still behave as expected
in this case, and (c) the svn:global-ignores property was set using
TortoiseSVN, and it works as expected in windows.  The confusion comes about
when using the "svn" command line on mac.  The behavior of "svn status" on mac
command line is different from the behavior of TortoiseSVN Check For
Modifications on windows.  Mac still shows those directories, while Tortoise
doesn't.

The mac client is 1.7, and the windows client is 1.8 if that makes any
difference.  These are separate working copies.  I would not expect the two
clients to be compatible with each other on a shared WC.

svn proplist -v src/FooBar
Properties on 'src/FooBar:
  svn:global-ignores
    bin