> From: Edwin Castro [mailto:0ptikgh...@gmx.us]
>
> I use svn client installed by macports. It's current version is 1.8.5.

I've been down that road before.  Macports is mostly reliable, but not entirely
reliable.  And every time you apply some update to XCode, apple replaces with
default binaries again, which you won't know by default, until you step into
some pitfall and waste time figuring it out.  And I've run into a lot of
conflicts between macports and homebrew...

If you need 1.8, I'll agree, thanks to macports, there *is* a solution
available.  But I'm choosing not to go that route...  Thanks...