> From: Edward Ned Harvey (svn4) [mailto:s...@nedharvey.com]
>
> So I have to just duplicate the svn:ignore and svn:global-ignores
> properties everywhere that anything needs to be ignored.

Sorry, clarification:

In tortoise, I check the properties of some directory, and it shows "svn:ignore
bin obj" and some other stuff.  But it's gray.  So I assume it's inherited from
a parent, and effective at this level, and then it turns out, not to be
effective.  I go to command prompt, and I see in fact, those properties are set
on the root directory, and *not* on the subdirectory.  I don't know why it's
displaying grayed out, but if I explicitly set that property on that directory,
then it works.

So I guess this is mostly a usage issue.  I could go talk to the tortoise folks
about why it's showing gray, when it's not effective... And I could complain
that when you click on "add to ignores" the default is now to use
global-ignores rather than ignore...  But it's not worth it.

Thanks for your help.  I think it's under control now.