On Jan 10, 2014, at 16:17, Edward Ned Harvey (svn4) <s...@nedharvey.com> wrote:

> Can someone please explain this to me?  I would expect "bin" and "obj" not to
> show up in the "svn status" command, because of the svn:global-ignores
> property.

> The mac client is 1.7, and the windows client is 1.8 if that makes any
> difference.  These are separate working copies.  I would not expect the two
> clients to be compatible with each other on a shared WC.

It does; svn:global-ignores is new to SVN 1.8.
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8.html#repos-dictated-config

If you upgrade the Mac client to 1.8.x, it should honor svn:global-ignores.
INet: k...@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 38 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++