On Sun, 3 Oct 2021 09:07:04 -0400, Mark Phippard said:

>I personally use Homebrew. The SVN package is all precompiled so it is
>easy to install. Myself and other SVN devs have even improved the
>formula over the years.

Mark,

Not sure if this is veering off-topic for this list, but I've tried using brew
to install svn and it gives me:

------------------
$ brew install --build-bottle subversion
<snip>
Error: The following formulae cannot be installed from bottles and must be
built from source.
  openjdk, gdbm, mpdecimal, ca-certificates, openssl@1.1, readline, sqlite,
python@3.9, scons, pcre, autoconf@2.69, apr and utf8proc
------------------

if I try just:

$ brew install subversion

it ends with:

------------------
==> Installing subversion dependency: openjdk
==> ./configure --disable-warnings-as-errors
--with-boot-jdk-jvmargs=-Duser.home=/Users/builder/Library/Caches/Homebrew/java_cache
 --with-boot-jdk=/private/tmp/openjdk-20211004-15
==> make images
Last 15 lines from /Users/builder/Library/Logs/Homebrew/openjdk/02.make:
                                    watchos(1.0, API_TO_BE_DEPRECATED),
                                                 ^
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Headers/SecTrust.h:357:47:
 error: expected a version of the form 'major[.minor[.subminor]]'
                                    tvos(2.0, API_TO_BE_DEPRECATED));
   ... (rest of output omitted)

* All command lines available in
/private/tmp/openjdk-20211004-15582-jeery1/jdk17u-jdk-17-ga/build/macosx-x86_64-server-release/make-support/failure-logs.
=== End of repeated output ===

No indication of failed target found.
Hint: Try searching the build log for '] Error'.
Hint: See doc/building.html#troubleshooting for assistance.

make[1]: *** [main] Error 2
make: *** [images] Error 2

Do not report this issue to Homebrew/brew or Homebrew/core!

These open issues may also help:
openjdk: try to reproduce java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/84886
OpenJDK is somewhat broken on newer MacOS instances, console is flooded with
errors when using JMeter, AdoptOpenJDK has no issues
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/issues/66953

this is on macOS 10.13.6.

I guess I should add backstory: I'm currently using WANDisco's binaries, but
the reason I'm looking to update is because of the Let's Encrypt certificate
expiring the other day.  I'm not totally sure, but I think the cURL and/or
OpenSSL/LibreSSL that that svn is using is not dealing well with the expired
cert.  So I'm looking to try a newer build.

Sean