Den tors 6 juni 2024 kl 21:40 skrev Paul Leo <
paul....@dataphilesconsulting.com>:

> We need to migrate an SVN repository from CentOS 7, Subversion 1.94 to
> Ubuntu 24.04, SVN 1.14.3.
>
> We don't have any login access to the current server.
>
> The current hosting server plans to perform an SVN dump of the
> repository, and make it available through something like Google Drive.
>
> We would obtain the dump file and then use svnadmin load, importing the
> repository.

As others have already pointed out svnadmin dump/load or svnrdump are the
main candidates. Another option is to have your hosting provider pack the
repository folder in its entirety (to a tar.gz) which you could unpack on
the new server and use as-is.

> There are only a few hooks that are currently used.  The main one being
> to force a commit message when committing.

Although the dump file does NOT contain any hook scripts. These need to be
extracted from the [/path/to/repo]/hooks directory on the server. If you
don't have access to the server yourself (and the hosting provider doesn't
have a web interface to manage the hook scripts) you need to ask them to
copy the scripts manually. (If your hosing provider choose to pack the
complete repository folder the hooks are of course included).

> We will use Apache httpd and basic authentication for committing to
> repository, as in done currently

The authentication (login) and authorization (permissions) are not included
in the dump file either. If you want to keep the username/passwords the
hosting provider need to give you these files as well (path and filename
depends on the setup in Apache httpd).

> We would change DNS to new server IP.

I assume you mean you use a DNS entry (https://svn.example.com/repos/...)
which will be updated. In this case you should not need to do anything. If
you change some part of the URL (either new hostname, adding SSL/TLS or the
path to the repositories) you need to run

svn relocate [new_url]

in each working copy.

> I've read through the svnbook, and the above seems plausible.
>
> I am just wondering if anyone has some guidance and suggestions, since
> we are making a significant jump to newer version of SVN.

There should be no major difference.

> Thanks for your help

Kind regards,
Daniel