On Wed, Jun 19, 2024 at 3:31 AM Andreas Stieger <andreas.stie...@gmx.de> wrote:

> On 2024-06-18 23:19, Paul Leo wrote:
> > If I try a relocate in TortoiseSVN, I get an error saying the uuid of
> > the new server is different than the WC of the local repo.   I presume
> > this is because of the DNS name change.
>

> No, this is because the UUID is different.

It's similar to the TLS certificate for HTTPS access, or the SSH
hostkey for SSH access. It helps ensure that you connect to the
correct, expected source of "truth" for your source control system.

> > I've done some searching and have followed a suggestion and edited the
> > wc.db and replaced old server uuid with new server uuid, tried the
> > relocate command again and things seem to be working and pointing to
> > new server.
> >

> No, see "svnadmin help setuuid"

Seconded. You can seriously hurt yourself manually editing such files.

> > I also know that doing a new checkout from the new server may be the
> > simplest solution. But perhaps some folks will not commit all of their
> > changes before switchover because they are not ready.
> >

> Make the old one read-only via a pre-commit hook if you can.
>

> Andreas

Give that man a cookie. "Split brain" is a real risk if you
accidentally kept both repositories live and accepting commits.