On Jun 18, 2024, at 16:19, Paul Leo wrote:

> If I try a relocate in TortoiseSVN, I get an error saying the uuid of the new
> server is different than the WC of the local repo.   I presume this is
> because of the DNS name change.

The DNS name has nothing to do with the UUID.

If the new repository is *identical* to the old repository (all of the old
repository's revisions were copied and they have exactly the same contents)
then you will want the UUIDs to be the same so that you can relocate existing
working copies. The old repository's UUID is automatically copied to the new
repository when you import a dumpfile into a newly created repository unless
you use a command line flag to tell it to generate a new UUID.

On the other hand, if the new repository differs at all from the old one (for
example you filtered out revisions or you imported the dumpfile into an
existing non-empty repository) then the new repository UUID must be different
and relocation is not possible and new working copies must be checked out.