License can be found:

  http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/terms.html

I believe the Google guys said in the JavaOne presentation that the
toolkit was Apache 2.0 license open source. Some of the supporting
utilities may not be open source, but, the toolkit is and the download
comes complete with source. Somebody asked about extending the toolkit
to add some other component or functionality and the Google guy said:
"We want YOU to write it [and contribute it back]". I believe this is
pretty open stuff.

I can tell you based on the JavaOne session this stuff is COOL and
really needs to be integrated with Tapestry. I will definitely
investigate how to use this with my existing apps and will also
investigate how to develop apps using just this toolkit to see how it
compares.

Kevin