There's a Maven2 Eclipse plugin (http://maven.apache.org/eclipse-plugin.html)
that will read your pom.xml (Project Object Model) and auto-update the
Eclipse build path for the project. There's even an option to have it
download the source code for all the dependencies (for easier debugging),
but I've found that most projects haven't started posting source bundles
yet.

As far as running the app, I used to use the Sysdeo Tomcat plugin, but I'm
slowly migrating to using the Jetty Maven2 plugin. On the commandline you do
"mvn jetty:run" and if you have it set up right it'll watch for changed
files and pick them up automatically. Combine this with disabling the
Tapestry caches, and you're good to go. Josh Long was the one that got me to
try this with his recent post to this mailing list (
http://www.nabble.com/Fast-testing-of-Tapestry-Apps-tf2139725.html#a5996591
).

I spent about a day tearing my hair out trying to figure out why various
things wouldn't work, mostly with site generation. But now that that's over,
I'm extremely happy with it.

On 9/22/06, Robin Ericsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 9/22/06, D&J Gredler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've used Maven2 to manage my newest project, and I'm quite happy with
all
> the freebies you get when you follow their standard directory structure:
> builds, source builds, unit testing, test coverage, site building,
> dependency management (inside eclipse, too) etc. The site-building
module
> for Maven2 still feels beta-quality, but that's about my only complaint.

How do you work with your project in eclipse? Also, do you use eclipse
to run jetty/tomcat or do you used an external alternative?

--
        regards,
        Robin