Thanks for the  suggestion. I tried the latest ognl build, but the problem is
still there (and in addition I get a bunch of OGNL stack traces in other
places).

Ok, I guess I can't use 4.1.x just yet :-/

Andrus

On 8/14/07, Andrus Adamchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I found essentially the same problem in a @For loop over a list of objects
> that do not implement any common interface, but (by design) have matching
> method names. Tapestry would try to cast to the class of the first object
> in
> the loop, instead of using a declared class of the loop variable. This
> stalled our upgrade to 4.1.2.
> I traced it down to HiveMindExpressionCompiler.generateGetter(..), but I
> am
> still not sure whether this is a Tapestry or OGNL bug (or rather where the
> solution should be implemented). BTW where OGNL posts its releases now? I
> couldn't find anything beyond 2.6.7.
> I wonder if you had a chance to look into this issue?

Just by reading this, I'm 95% sure it's a OGNL issue. Jesse publishes new
OGNL snapshots on his repository (
http://opencomponentry.com/repository/m2-snapshot-repo/ognl/ognl/2.7.1-SNAPSHOT/).
Try excluding the OGNL 2.7 that comes with 4.1.2 and use one of the newer
2.7.1 snapshots (2.7.1-20070723.185910-9 for example solved lots of issue
for us). Though I'm still tracking down yet another, similar
ClassCastException one even in the latest.

Kalle