Also, if you have access to IRequestCycle, you can do getParameter or getParameters on it

But first, read about the external service and about implementing IExternalPage

Ulrich Stärk wrote:
With Tapestry 4.1 you would inject the WebRequest object and call getParameterValue() on it (see http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/web/WebRequest.html).
To inject the WebRequest use

@InjectObject("infrastructure:request")
public abstract WebRequest getRequest();

in your page class.

Cheers,

Uli

Kaspar Fischer schrieb:
Hi All,

I am new to Tapestry and would be glad to receive a hint on how to realize
"dynamic pages", i.e., pages whose content depends on GET arguments.

I have a database full of articles, each having an Id, and I want to
show each article on its own page. In PHP, I would have used URLs like

  http://my.organization.org/app?page=article&id=2832

to display article with Id 2832.

I am not quite sure what the Tapestry way for such a problem is. I've
coded a page ArticlePage that extends BasePage and now need a way to
learn the Id from the URL. How can I do this?

Many thanks,
Kaspar

Andreas Andreou - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer