Why exactly do you think one should use the external service here? And what is the benefit of it anyway? To my knowledge the only "difference" is the ability to bookmark pages. But that can be done with "normal" pages too. As to parameter extraction I don't like the external service solution at all. Parameters don't get extracted by name but by order. If someone changes the parameters' order the result will be different then expected.

Cheers,

Uli

andyhot schrieb:
Also, if you have access to IRequestCycle, you can do getParameter or getParameters on it

But first, read about the external service and about implementing IExternalPage

Ulrich Stärk wrote:
With Tapestry 4.1 you would inject the WebRequest object and call getParameterValue() on it (see http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/web/WebRequest.html).
To inject the WebRequest use

@InjectObject("infrastructure:request")
public abstract WebRequest getRequest();

in your page class.

Cheers,

Uli

Kaspar Fischer schrieb:
Hi All,

I am new to Tapestry and would be glad to receive a hint on how to realize
"dynamic pages", i.e., pages whose content depends on GET arguments.

I have a database full of articles, each having an Id, and I want to
show each article on its own page. In PHP, I would have used URLs like

  http://my.organization.org/app?page=article&id=2832

to display article with Id 2832.

I am not quite sure what the Tapestry way for such a problem is. I've
coded a page ArticlePage that extends BasePage and now need a way to
learn the Id from the URL. How can I do this?

Many thanks,
Kaspar