Assuming T4...

Assuming that you just want a readable URL but not necessarily a friendly
one, then you can use ExternalLinks to pages implementing IExternalPage.

Make your page implement IExternalPage.  In your

public void activateExternalPage(Object[] parameters, IRequestCycle cycle)

method, extract the parameter by position: parameters[0].

Then you would have something like
http://my.organization.org/app?service=external&page=article&sp=l2832

I think if you look at the URL encoders as suggested by Jesse, there is a
nice transition from the External link above to a "prettier" URL.

Jonathan