Don't forget to study up on using the url encoders,  which would let
you change that url to be something more like:

 http://my.organization.org/app/page/article/2832.html

(or maybe just app/page/article/2832)

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry4/trunk/tapestry-framework/src/java/org/apache/tapestry/engine/encoders/

On Nov 26, 2007 2:40 PM, andyhot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Also, if you have access to IRequestCycle, you can do getParameter or
> getParameters on it
>
> But first, read about the external service and about implementing
> IExternalPage
>

> Ulrich Stärk wrote:
> > With Tapestry 4.1 you would inject the WebRequest object and call
> > getParameterValue() on it (see
> > http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/web/WebRequest.html).
> >
> > To inject the WebRequest use
> >
> > @InjectObject("infrastructure:request")
> > public abstract WebRequest getRequest();
> >
> > in your page class.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Uli
> >
> > Kaspar Fischer schrieb:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I am new to Tapestry and would be glad to receive a hint on how to
> >> realize
> >> "dynamic pages", i.e., pages whose content depends on GET arguments.
> >>
> >> I have a database full of articles, each having an Id, and I want to
> >> show each article on its own page. In PHP, I would have used URLs like
> >>
> >>   http://my.organization.org/app?page=article&id=2832
> >>
> >> to display article with Id 2832.
> >>
> >> I am not quite sure what the Tapestry way for such a problem is. I've
> >> coded a page ArticlePage that extends BasePage and now need a way to
> >> learn the Id from the URL. How can I do this?
> >>
> >> Many thanks,
> >> Kaspar

> Andreas Andreou - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://blog.andyhot.gr
> Tapestry / Tacos developer