Joshua is not a troll.

Besides, he didn't mention Wicket.

-Filip

On 2008-03-19 07:46, Christian Edward Gruber wrote:
I love it when someone invents new people to stage internet conversations.

note the "just only" and other little language features that this troll uses in all his posts, regardless of the story.

Even if I'm wrong in that supposition, this is open-source software. If this was a real request, and not just another attempt to slander Tapestry, then this person could make concrete recommendations, or even better, contribute code.

But mostly I love the premises. In a "real web framework" security is "built in" and no configuration is even necessary. Bullcrap. Every security system needs configuration, because no system can anticipate all possible needs and use-cases and auto-configure for that magically discovered state. And why should T5 re-build what someone already wrote and tested. If acegi works, then why not integrate it? Ooh, wait! I know, I know! HLS sucks because he didn't create his own O/R Mapping layer! 'Cause why use Cayenne/Hibernate/JPA/TopLink when you can, without compelling necessity, write your own, untested system from scratch!

Meh.

Christian.