I like that the security aspect of T5 is open for me to implement.
Choices for this kind of thing is good.  Imagine you are mandated to
use some other existing framework.
Code reuse is good.  Do we really want to find people to write a
Netegrity Siteminder plugin for a custom security framework?

I think they are still planning on renaming Acegi to "Spring
Security", which may further muddy the waters.

I don't use Tapestry-Acegi, so the T5 page/components don't know
anything about security or roles, and for me that's just fine.  My
pages just look inside an ASO that the Acegi filter creates when a
login goes well.  You satisfaction may vary depending on the number of
roles, etc.

I think the distinction to make is providing smart defaults in the
framework versus providing homebrew functionality that is duplicated
elsewhere.  I don't have experience with other OSS security
frameworks, but if there is a common denominator, we should cater to
(provide for) that.

It's easier to join hands with other frameworks (provide adapters,
which update when either side changes) than to put one in your belly.
I think the T5 community is much more adept to writing adapters than
writing a whole security framework.

Daniel Jue