Other posts have handled your specifics well.

Evaluate T5.  I started active development on T4.0.  I have since migrated a
few of the smaller applications from T4 -> T5 and I am doing all new work in
T5.

In the T4->T5 migrations, I found I was deleting lots of code and cleaning
up my templates.

Also, the hot reloading of changes is amazing.  With the largest of my T4
applications it was getting painful to be doing restarts after simple fixes.
It was great having the time to get coffee, but productivity suffered. T5 is
just go-go-go.

The one place where T4 was better than T5 (I found) was WYSIWYG templates. I
think it was easier for shops where you had both designers and programmers.
There were times where I would take off my coding hat and just work with
HTML, CSS and a browser and focus on appearances.  With T5, it's easier just
to run your app and tweak on the fly.

Jonathan