Ignoring trolls works well with one off messages trying to get old arguments
started but this case is different.  This person is beyond a troll and has
gone to a concerted effort to spread FUD and mis-information to the point of
damaging a lot of good work.

I think the people that have politely replied to his FUD with solid facts
and personal experiences have actually been the best way to go.

Ignoring this poor person gives them more pleasure than addressing the
inaccurate information I suspect.