This is a bit of a red herring. I can understand the reluctance from one perspective, but it might help to think of it not as tapestry v3, v4, and v5, but as first-web-framework, another-web-framework, a- different-web-framework. They're not the same, though they are similar in some architectural features. They're built on a different architectural basis. One may have evolved from the other conceptually, but the code-base did not evolve from the previous code=base, so it's absolutely appropriate to use a different package.

Christian.