To: "Tapestry users" <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: Instability in Tapestry 5.0.12-SNAPSHOT

Again, the differences between T3, T4, and T5 are not really "versions" in the typical sense. They're different architectural bases. You might call them three different web frameworks entirely. So there should be no reason technically for them to overlap, and they should have three different packages. You might as well have them by three different codenames, at which point you have

org.apache.tapestry.trout
org.apache.tapestry.tuna
org.apache.tapestry.tilapia

Different frameworks, all under the Tapestry project. The fact that org.apache.tapestry.yellowtail shows up in four years should have no bearing on the other three. (again, not that it will, just making a point)

Christian.