Tapestry is obtaining page instances to see if there is an activation
context for the page.

I expect to optimize this in the future, to check to see if the page
has an event handler for the passivate event.

In the meantime, you could build your own PageLink component that
generates the link by invoking
ComponentResources.createPageLink("pagename", true) ... that will tell
Tapestry to generate a link to the page with no activation context,
and the page will NOT be queried for its context, and therefore, won't
need to be attached to the current request.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:58 AM, 9902468 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are experiencing strange hard pool limit reached exceptions. (For the
> user count that we have.) After debugging a little, it seems that our left
> menu component, which is full of page links, instantiates not only the page
> that we are at, but also the ones that are referenced in page link.
>
> This can be seen also in that exception page is shown, if one of the pages
> that are referenced in page links have an error.
>
> Is this correct behavior? And should we really use common a href= tags to
> avoid this? Further more, is it possible to create infinite loop, when page
> a has page link to page b, which has page link to page a?
>
>  - 99

Howard M. Lewis Ship