Man that was a quick answer! Thanks for that. I am aware of this options
in the configuration. I had not tuned them before, because load is not
my problem. Anyway I have tuned them now and am currently waiting for
the admistrator to deploy the newest war.

According to acces-logs I was the only user accessing the page. So as
far as I understand the mechanism only one instance of index should have
been created and not 20. I think it is an issue with configuration in
production environment. But I have no idea where to take a closer look
(i.e. where to build in log-messages, which of Tomcat's configuration
options to check etc.).

So suggestions are still more than welcome.

Nillehammer